Focus Networks will be developped, to bring together partners who share similar needs or interests:
- “Research network”, addressing the production and sharing of scientific results and knowledge, especially in the fields of physical, chemical and hazard characterization, exposure evaluation, risk assessment, but also on safe by design principles, on life cycle assessment (LCA) and waste management and their translation to the EC4SafeNano Centre services.
- “Policies and regulations network”, addressing tools, methods and knowledge supporting the development and enforcement of regulations.
- “Education and training network”, addressing the production of content and training modalities for the elevation of the knowledge level of actors involved in the value chain such as researchers, workers at industrial processes, HSE managers, Safety units, transporters and all support or downstream industrial actors, but also users, labour representative, experts involved in regulatory bodies and the general public.
- “Standardization and certification network”, addressing the implementation of good practices and quality supporting systems, especially regarding tools and methods used for data production, supporting expertise on relevant measurands, instruments and methods to be used to produce reliable data for risk assessment and regulation.
- “Technological innovation network”, addressing the development or the upgrade of nanomaterial related products and processes in order to enhance industrial competitiveness.